Did you know that 8 out of 10 people are magnesium deficient? That means that there is a high chance that you might be too. But why should you care?
Most people don’t realise how important magnesium is to the body. Magnesium benefits your body in many ways: over 300 body functions rely on it. That’s why magnesium supplements are increasing in popularity.
Because magnesium is found in every part of your body, from your hair follicle to your toe nails, your internal organs, your skin and cells, we need plenty of it. Most of us are not getting sufficient magnesium through food.
Because of this, we need additional magnesium sources through:
- Magnesium supplements
- Magnesium oil / magnesium gel
- Magnesium bath flakes
- Transdermal applications of magnesium such as a magnesium deodorant
Stress, alcohol, coffee, junk food and our whirlwind urban lifestyles all contribute to magnesium deficiency. And what does that mean for you? It means that lack of magnesium makes you sick. And how will you conquer the world without being in peak health?
How can you tell that you are low on or deficient in magnesium?
If your answer is “Yes” to five questions or more, there may be a chance you are not getting enough of the good stuff:
- Are you suffering from constant stress in your life?
- Do you succumb to sugary foods or carbonated drinks on a daily basis?
- Do you drink one or more units of alcohol a day?
- Do you drink caffeinated drinks such as coffee or black tea daily?
- Do you have trouble falling or staying asleep?
- Do you regularly suffer from muscle cramps or spasms?
- Do you take medication such as the contraceptive pill, heart or asthma medication?
If you suffer from any symptoms such as anxiety, depression, muscle cramps, constant fatigue, insomnia or chronic pain, consult your physicist about your concern.